Wednesday 13 June 2012

Chocolate Bar Covers

Well I hope this post finds you all safe and well after the floods that have hit some parts of the country.  Today here in Yorkshire looks like a bit of a let up rain wise, although still no sun yet :-(

Well down to today's crafty bits, I was wondering what I could get my Dad for fathers day seeing as he seems to have everything he needs and this is what I came up with.  CHOCOLATE!! Can't possibly fail with that, but how do I make a bar of chocolate something that bit special?  Here is how I did it;
Ok so this is supposed to be Doogle from The Magic Roundabout, he reminds me of my Dad so I thought this was a good place to start.  Now to make him you need to have the kind of chocolate that still has the old type of paper wrapper around it, not easy to find now but as luck would have it The Cherry Blossom Bakery still wraps their chocolate in this way and even better, their chocolate is to die for!  All made by the lovely Charlotte.  If you haven't tried their Choc bars, cakes, cupcakes or chocolates then you need too as they are very scrummy!

As you can see Doogle is made using crumb cake card, for his hair I just cut a half inch strip and wound it around a pen.  I've used used the Oval, 3/8, 1 1/4, 1 3/4 circle punches, using basic black for his eyes, nose and mouth and real red for his tongue.

But I didn't stop there, oh no I was on a roll, at least thats what I thought lol.  So I also did this;
This is Animal, one of my Dad's favourite Muppet's, for him I used Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Real Red and basic black card, I used the Modern window punch (teeth and eyebrows), small oval, 3/8, 1 1/4, 1 3/4 circle punches and drew around a cup and a coaster to make his mouth.  I hope he likes them.

Happy Crafting

Deb xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment