Saturday 9 June 2012

Up on the Open Sea making envelopes

ooohhh the waters can get rather choppy sometimes in our little household, three people all of whom are very vocal and opinionated you can just imagine can't you? lol

The waters today however are rather calm as we have all been making pizzas together, in between me making cards and trying to figure out different envelopes on the simply scored diagonal plate, this way everyone gets a pizza they like, Scott with a little tomato loads of ham and chorizo, Ray loaded with extra everything and triple cheese and me, well just to be different as ever I'm having fish and potatoes ;-)

Now to today's card, it's a Fathers Day card I've made for my dad who will hopefully be here for dinner next week, don't worry he won't see it before the day, he never reads my blog.

I've used Baja Breeze, yes I know again! lol the top note die, the open sea stamp set and the sentiment is from the Delightful dozen stamp set.

He likes tall ships which is why I've chosen this stamp set in particular, we will also be having some muppet themed cupcakes on the day too.  Hope he enjoys the fuss.

Now envelopes, I'm slowly figuring out envelope sizes using the new diagonal board and as soon as I have a new set of measurements I'll post them on here, I'll always mention envelopes in the title when I do this so that you will know what to look for.

This first set of measurements are for a standard A5 envelope.  You need to start with an 11" x 11" square of paper.  Score using the diagonal score board on opposite corners at 4 1/2" then score the other two corners at 61/4".  When you fold all this together it will make your A5 envelope.

Happy Scoring

Deb xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment