Thursday 26 July 2012

Fold out card tutorial

I've seen this card quite a few times on blogs etc but have never managed to find instructions on how to make it, luckily I mentioned it to one of my friends, who'd made one so gave me her card so that I could copy it.  So here's the card and tutorial

Cut your card 24 x 24cm, save the long piece of cut off card for your belly band. Then score your 24 cm square card at 6cm and 18cm, turn your card round and score again at 6cm and 18cm, this should leave you with one large square in the middle and four smaller squares on all four corners.

Take your Diagonal plate and score at 4 3/4 inches and 7 1/8 inches.  Do this on all four sides.

You should now have four triangles coming off the large middle square, fold these triangles into the middle so that they cover the large inside square.
 You should now have four small squares facing you, like this;


Fold these along the score lines outwards to the outer corners.


Then all there is for you to do is decorate and add your belly band to keep the card closed,



For my card I've used Bravo Burgundy, Baja Breeze and whisper white card, I've used the pines and poinsettias stamp set and the stampin write pens.  Sorry about some of the blurry photography, hope this helps you make this lovely and effective card, if you would like any of the products to make this card please email me your order.

Happy Crafting

Deb x

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Your project has been chosen for the 7/28 selection of Blog Finds of the day. If you would like to see the other projects chosen please visit http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you tell me the correct inches to use instead of 24 cm x 24 cm ? thanks so much

    ReplyDelete